Assurant Intermediary is adding Home Emergency Assistance cover to its range of general insurance products available exclusively to intermediaries.
- Sudden failure of, or damage to, the plumbing and drainage system. This includes leaking pipes, blocked drains, water tanks and blockages in toilet waste pipes
- Sudden and complete failure or breakdown of either the heating and/or hot water supply provided by the primary heating system
- Sudden and complete failure or breakdown of the electricity or gas supply within the property
- Damage to the roof of the home caused by a storm, fallen trees or branches
- Damage caused to external locks, doors and windows
- Professional extermination and control of pests in the home
Policyholders can receive up to £500 per claim to cover the costs of parts, labour, materials and VAT required to carry out an emergency repair. An additional payment of up to £100 can be claimed should the home become uninhabitable as a result of the emergency claim.
The product also offers a three-way claim helpline that enables the customer to agree a specific appointment with the appropriate tradesperson and informs the tradesperson with details of the emergency so that they can bring necessary repair parts with them and sort the problem out as quickly as possible.
“For many consumers home emergency assistance can represent a valuable addition to their household insurance cover,” said Kevin Paterson, Assurant Intermediary’s sales and marketing director.
“It gives them a little extra piece of mind knowing that they will get a rapid response if their water pipes burst or their boiler breaks down. We’re delighted now to be able to give intermediaries access to what we believe is comprehensive home emergency cover that provides a guaranteed call-out time for their customers at highly competitive rates.”